Last Updated: December 21, 2020
If you are a resident of the state of California, USA, please see Section 14 below for additional information provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, including disclosures about the categories of personal information we collect, how we collect such information, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and additional rights that may be available to you as a resident of California, including requesting we not sell your personal information by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
As the controller, C&K COMPONENTS has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the protection of personal data processed through this website. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone, e-mail or text.
a) Personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”), or any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular data subject or household. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
b) Data subject
Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
d) Restriction of processing
Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
g) Controller or controller responsible for the processing
Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
j) Third party
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
C&K COMPONENTS SAS
2 rue Berthollet
Phone: +33 3 84 72 81 12
3. Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the controller is:
C&K COMPONENTS SAS
2 rue Berthollet
Phone: +33 (0) 3 84 72 81 12
Any data subject may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer directly with all questions, concerns, issues and suggestions concerning data protection.
The data subject may, at any time, manage, reject or delete the cookies used on our website through the browser settings. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
See Section 14 below to learn more about your choices with respect to cookies used for interest-based advertising.
5. Collection of general data and information
The website of C&K COMPONENTS collects a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. The types of information collected may include: (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
This information may be used to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) in accordance with applicable law, provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. C&K COMPONENTS analyzes anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to enable an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
6. Registration on our website
C&K COMPONENTS may collect a data subject’s name, address, e-mail, phone number, company URL and job title when the data subject creates/registers an account on the website. The personal data provided by the data subject are collected and stored exclusively for internal use by the controller, and for the data subject’s own purposes. The controller may also share this information with one or more of its processors within or outside of the EU (e.g. a parcel service) that also uses personal data for an internal purpose which is attributable to the controller.
By creating/registering an account on the website, C&K COMPONENTS may also collect the IP address—assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject—date, and time of the registration. C&K COMPONENTS uses this data to help prevent the misuse of our services, and, if necessary, to make investigation into any committed offenses possible. The creation/registration of an account, with the data subject’s voluntary provision of personal data, is intended to enable the controller to offer the data subject contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. Registered persons are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to request deletion of the data by the controller, subject to certain exceptions described below.
7. Subscription to our Web Site
C&K COMPONENTS may collect a data subject’s name, e-mail, phone number, city, state and zip code, country and company when the data subject registers an account with and/or subscribes to our “Channel Partner” or Communities.
C&K COMPONENTS informs its users and partners regularly by means of a newsletter about our activities. The enterprise's newsletter may only be received by the data subject if (1) the data subject has a valid e-mail address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter shipping. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address registered by a data subject during the Channel Partner registering process, for legal reasons, in the double opt-in procedure. In the confirmation e-mail, the owner of the e-mail address may choose to cancel or modify their subscription. This opportunity is also offered to subscribers of our Channel Partner.
During the registration to “Channel Partner” or Communities, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data helps us understand the (possible) misuse of the e-mail address of a data subject at a later date, and it therefore serves the aim of the legal protection of the controller.
The personal data collected as part of a registration to Channel Partner or Communities is used to send our newsletter, notifications about our products and in the case of a request for special pricing. In addition, subscribers to Channel Partner or Communities may be informed by e-mail in the event of modifications to Channel Partners’ or Communities’ offers, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances. The subscription to our Channel Partner or Communities may be terminated by the data subject at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the data subject has given to register an account with a Channel Partner or Communities, may be revoked at any time, subject to any exceptions allowed under applicable law. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link can be found in all relevant communications (newsletters or notifications). It is also possible to unsubscribe from Channel Partner or Communities at any time directly on the website of the controller, or to communicate this to the controller in a different way.
8. Newsletter-Tracking PARDOT mailing
The newsletters of C&K COMPONENTS contains so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such newsletters, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. Tracking pixels allow a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, C&K COMPONENTS may see if and when an e-mail was opened by a data subject, and which links in the e-mail were called up by data subjects.
Such personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analyzed by the controller in order to optimize the content and circulation of the newsletter, as well as to improve and personalize the content of future newsletters. Data subjects are at any time entitled to revoke the respective separate declaration of consent issued by means of the opt-in procedure. C&K COMPONENTS automatically regards a withdrawal from the receipt of the newsletter as a revocation.
9.?Applying for a job via the website
C&K COMPONENTS may collect a data subject’s name, address, e-mail, phone number, employment and professional-related information and educational information when the data subject applies for a job with us via our Careers webpage or e-mail. The information collected is processed for employment purposes, including hiring. If C&K COMPONENTS concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the submitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements.
10. Contact possibility via the website
C&K COMPONENTS may collect a data subject’s name, business e-mail, job title, company, phone number, region, country, how many switches the data subject has, how we can help and any other information the data subject may provide to us when he or she contacts us via our Contact Sales webpage. . If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or via the Contact Sales webpage, the personal data provided by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the controller are stored for the purpose of responding to the data subject’s questions or requests or contacting the data subject.
11. Subscription to comments in the blog on the website
A data subject may subscribe to comments in the blog of C&K COMPONENTS following a comment another data subject may post on a particular blog post.
If a data subject decides to subscribe to comments, the controller will send an automatic confirmation e-mail to determine whether the owner of the specified e-mail address decided in favor of this option as a part of the double opt in procedure. The option to subscribe to comments may be terminated at any time.
12. Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
The controller shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject. The data subject for Channel Partner is unsubscribed after 6 months of inactivity.
If the storage purpose is no longer applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
13. Rights of the data subject
a) Right of confirmation
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
b) Right of access
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations grant the data subject access to the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing;
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Furthermore, the data subject shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred outside the European Union. Where this is the case, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of access, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
c) Right to rectification
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to rectification, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
d) Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The data subject withdraws consent to which the processing is based according to subsection (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, or subsection (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, and there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- The data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
If one of the aforementioned reasons applies, and a data subject wishes to request the erasure of personal data stored by C&K COMPONENTS, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller. Our Data Protection Officer or another one of our employees shall promptly ensure that the erasure request is complied with as soon as practicable.
Where the controller has made personal data public and is obliged pursuant to Article 17(1) to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform other controllers processing the personal data that the data subject has requested erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data, as far as processing is not required. Our Data Protection Officer or another one of our employees will arrange the necessary measures in individual cases.
e) Right of restriction of processing
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met, and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by C&K COMPONENTS, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller. Our Data Protection Officer or another one of our employees will arrange the restriction of the processing.
f) Right to data portability
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator, to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which was provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He or she shall have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to subsection (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR or subsection (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, or on a contract pursuant to subsection (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, and the processing is carried out by automated means, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Furthermore, in exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant to Article 20(1) of the GDPR, the data subject shall have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
In order to assert the right to data portability, the data subject may at any time contact the Data Protection Officer designated by C&K COMPONENTS or another C&K COMPONENTS employee.
g) Right to object
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her, which is based on subsection (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
C&K COMPONENTS shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If C&K COMPONENTS processes personal data for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If the data subject objects to C&K COMPONENTS’s processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, C&K COMPONENTS will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her by C&K COMPONENTS for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
In order to exercise the right to object, the data subject may directly contact the Data Protection Officer of C&K COMPONENTS or another employee. In addition, the data subject is free in the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, to use his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
h) Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her, or similarly significantly affects him or her, as long as the decision (1) is not is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and the controller, or (2) is not authorized by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject's rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on the data subject's explicit consent.
If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and the controller, or (2) is based on the data subject's explicit consent, C&K COMPONENTS shall implement suitable measures to safeguard the data subject's rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and contest the decision.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the rights concerning automated individual decision-making, he or she may at any time directly contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
i) Right to withdraw data protection consent
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the right to withdraw his or her consent, he or she may at any time directly contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
If you are a resident of the state of California, please read this section for additional disclosures and a description of your rights with regard to your personal data.
- I. We may have collected, used, and disclosed for our business and commercial purposes described in Paragraph III below, the following categories of personal data in the twelve (12) months prior to the effective date of this policy: identifiers; commercial information; payment and customer records information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; professional or employment information; education information; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation information; and inferences.?
- II. We collect the categories of personal data in Paragraph I above in different ways and from different sources.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, we may collect information when you register with us, contact us, post a comment on the blog, make a purchase, or apply for a job with us.
- We collect information from your devices passively. We and our service providers use tracking tools like browser cookies, pixels, and web beacons to collect information about you when you visit our website and interact with our emails or online content.
- We receive information about you from other parties. For example, our business partners, vendors and service providers, and social media sites we have integrations with may provide us with information about you.
- We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online, and we may combine information we get from others with information we already have.
- III. We use the above categories of personal data in Paragraph I for our business and commercial purposes.?
- We use information to perform services, including facilitating purchases.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you emails with information about new features or updates to our products and offerings. We also use certain information to conduct analyses of our marketing campaigns to improve our future marketing efforts.
- We use information to operate our business. For instance, we use information to operate and maintain our website. We use information to review your job applications and contact you about employment opportunities. We also use information to audit and verify the quality and effectiveness of our services and compliance.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we may use information to respond to your inquiry, job application, or feedback.
- We use information to communicate with you. We may contact you about orders or other aspects of our relationship with you.
- We use information to conduct analyses and improve our products and services and develop new products and services. We may also use information to enhance our website and better your experience with us.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use your information to protect our company, customers, business partners, and others from illegal, fraudulent, or other harmful activity.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
- IV. We may share the categories of personal data in Paragraph I above with others as described below.
- We share information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other related entities.
- We will share information with vendors that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with the companies that operate our site, send emails for us, or conduct analytics for us.
- We may share information with our channel partners and other business partners.
- We may share information with social media platforms whose functionality we integrate into our websites.
- We may share information in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may share personal information relevant to that transaction. We may also share your information if there is a change to our corporate structure. We may also share your information with others as they conduct diligence.
- We may share information for other reasons that we may describe to you at the time of collection or for which we otherwise obtain your consent.
If you reside in California, you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal data:
- Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal data we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data, the categories of personal data we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling or disclosing the personal data, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal data, and the specific pieces of personal data we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal data that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Opt-Out – You can request that we not sell your personal information by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information. To opt-out of cookie-based tracking for advertising purposes, you will need to separately visit , https://optout.privacyrights.org, and . Any opt-outs through these tools are specific to the device and browser you are using, so you should opt-out for each web browser and on each device you use.? Your opt-out preferences will be deleted any time you clear your web browser’s cookie cache.? ?
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from a California resident under the age of 16.
Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, note that for purposes of exercising these rights in this Section, personal data does not include information about our job applicants, employees and other personnel, or information about employees and other representatives of entities we may interact with in the business-to-business context.
California residents can exercise these rights by clicking here, calling us toll-free at (800) 225-3206, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal data as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to certain of your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal data and whether you have an account with us. California residents may make a verifiable request on behalf of their minor child. California residents may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us one time each year, free of charge, if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year. To make a request, please send us an email, or write to us at the address listed in Section 2 above. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry. Please note that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
15. You Have Certain Choices About How We Use Your Data
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our marketing e-mails, please e-mail us at email@example.com or follow the instructions in any marketing message you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still send you transactional messages, such as responses to your questions or feedback.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. You may be able to block or remove cookies through your browser settings. You can delete cookies by going to the preferences, tools, or options menus of your Internet browser. If you choose to do so, some features of the website may not function properly. Selections you make are device-specific and browser-specific, meaning that you may need to make your selections on each browser on each device you use to access the website. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain sites from time to time, you can go?here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
You can opt out of having your online behavior recorded and used for online behavioral advertising purposes. To opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from participating companies, visit the opt-out mechanisms of the Digital Advertising Alliance?(United States), the Network Advertising Initiative (United States), and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (European Union). Choices you make are both browser- and device-specific, meaning that you should exercise your preference on each browser and each device you use. If you clear cookies from your browser, you may need to exercise these choices again.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
16. Data protection provisions about the application and use of LinkedIn
The controller has integrated components of the LinkedIn Corporation on this website. LinkedIn is a web-based social network that enables users with existing business contacts to connect and to make new business contacts.
C&K COMPONENTS’ website may give you access to LinkedIn’s website or application and may contain a LinkedIn plug-in. Further information about the LinkedIn plug-in may be accessed at . During the course of this technical procedure, LinkedIn gains knowledge of what specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject.
If the data subject is logged into LinkedIn, LinkedIn detects with every call-up to our website by the data subject—and for the entire duration of his or her stay on our website—which specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject. This information is collected through the LinkedIn plug-in and associated with the respective LinkedIn account of the data subject. If the data subject clicks on a link to LinkedIn on our website, then LinkedIn assigns this information to the personal LinkedIn account of the data subject and stores the personal data.
LinkedIn receives information via the LinkedIn plug-in that the data subject has visited our website, provided that the data subject is logged in at LinkedIn at the time of the call-up to our website. This occurs regardless of whether the data subject clicks on a link to LinkedIn on our website or not. If such a transmission of information to LinkedIn is not desirable for the data subject, he or she may prevent this by logging off from their LinkedIn account before a call-up to our website is made.
17. Data protection provisions about the application and use of Twitter
On this website, the controller has integrated components of Twitter. Twitter is a multilingual, publicly-accessible microblogging service on which users may publish and spread so-called ‘tweets,’ e.g. short messages, which are limited to 280 characters. These short messages are available for everyone, including those who are not logged on to Twitter. The tweets are also displayed to so-called followers of the respective user. Followers are other Twitter users who follow a user's tweets. Furthermore, Twitter allows you to address a wide audience via hashtags, links or mentions.
The operating company of Twitter is Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, UNITED STATES.
C&K COMPONENTS’ website may give you access to Twitter’s website or application and may contain a Twitter plug-in. Further information about the Twitter buttons is available at?. During the course of this technical procedure, Twitter gains knowledge of what specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject. The purpose of the integration of the Twitter plug-in is a retransmission of the contents of this website to allow our users to introduce this web page to the digital world and increase our visitor numbers.
If the data subject is logged into Twitter, Twitter detects with every call-up to our website by the data subject, and for the entire duration of their stay on our website, which specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject. This information is collected through the Twitter plug-in and associated with the respective Twitter account of the data subject. If the data subject clicks on a link to Twitter on our website, then Twitter assigns this information to the personal Twitter account of the data subject and stores the personal data.
Twitter receives information via the Twitter plug-in that the data subject has visited our website, provided that the data subject is logged in on Twitter at the time of the call-up to our website. This occurs regardless of whether the data subject clicks on a link to Twitter on our website or not. If such a transmission of information to Twitter is not desirable for the data subject, he or she may prevent this by logging off from their Twitter account before a call-up to our website is made.
18. Data protection provisions about the application and use of YouTube
On this website, the controller has integrated components of YouTube. YouTube is an Internet video portal that enables video publishers to set video clips and other users free of charge, which also provides free viewing, review and commenting on them. YouTube allows you to publish all kinds of videos, so you can access both full movies and TV broadcasts, as well as music videos, trailers, and videos made by users via the Internet portal.
The operating company of YouTube is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, UNITED STATES. The YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, UNITED STATES.
C&K COMPONENTS’ website may give you access to YouTube’s website or application and may contain a YouTube plug-in.?Further information about YouTube may be obtained at?. During the course of this technical procedure, YouTube and Google gain knowledge of what specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject.
If the data subject is logged into YouTube, YouTube recognizes with each call-up to a sub-page that contains a YouTube video, which specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject. This information is collected by YouTube and Google and assigned to the respective YouTube account of the data subject.
YouTube and Google will receive information through the YouTube plug-in that the data subject has visited our website and whether the data subject at the time of the call-up to our website was logged into YouTube; this occurs regardless of whether the person clicks on a YouTube video posted or a link to YouTube on our website or not. If such a transmission of this information to YouTube and Google is not desirable for the data subject, the delivery may be prevented if the data subject logs off from their own YouTube account before a call-up to our website is made.
19. Links to external websites
20. Legal basis for the processing
Art. 6(1)(of the GDPR provides the legal bases for processing personal data. These legal bases include when: (1) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes; (2) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; (3) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject; (4) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person; (5) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; (6) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
C&K COMPONENTS processes personal data based on the following legal bases:
- For our legitimate interest to carry out our business in favor of the well-being of all our employees and shareholders.
- The data subject has provided his or her consent, for instance, by subscribing to newsletters and comments.
- To comply with law (e.g. tax regulations)
- For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, for instance when the data subject places an order and we fulfill such order.
Before personal data is provided by a data subject, the data subject may contact our Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officer may clarify to the data subject whether the provision of personal data is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and the consequences of non-provision of the personal data.
21. Period for which the personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract, or for any other purpose for which it was collected.
22. Security Used
C&K COMPONENTS uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to this website and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal data, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal data that you provide through this website that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
23. Existence of automated decision-making
Except as otherwise described herein, C&K COMPONENTS does not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.